June 20, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
A trip to the Detroit Institute of Arts.  Although I would typically consider a similar activity unproductive (because of the way I define productivity), I considered this a productive trip.  It is very inspiring to see all the creativity within the museum and it is great to see new things.  As a creative professional, I am exposed to the same type/style of work everyday.  It is great to expose myself to design/artwork outside my typical scope.

After the museum, I was anxious to use all the inspiration I consumed and begin work on my own projects. Yesterday I conceptualized a graph for this time project and I was excited to see how it would look in vector art.  I sketched the same concept in illustrator to get an idea how it might look.



What did you do today that you valued?
I started my day with a yoga class. Had brunch with friends.  Went to the Museum. Then worked on my graph concept.  I enjoyed and valued all of it.
Did you learn anything today?
Lots!
Any other thoughts?
I need to start a list of things I want to do; not a to-do list, but a list of activities (like the museum) that I can refer to when I want something exciting to do outside of the house.  Today was suppose to be a boat day with friends but the weather did not cooperate so we needed to make last minute alternative plans.  I feel like I often say "I would like to do that sometime" but I never actually do those things because I forget about them. If I write them down I can refer to my list on a day like today.