July 21, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
I am making an attempt to review my 401k plan on a quarterly basis. I think the idea of a 401k is a 'set it and forget it' strategy. However, I really believe you can maximize your returns by making adjustments to your investments. So today I spent a few hours reevaluating my investments and making adjustments.
What did you do today that you valued?
I really enjoyed the time I spent evaluating my 401K. It involved a lot of numbers and spreadsheets which I enjoy. In the evening I played a game of Scrabble with my roommate. I feel like I am relatively good at Scrabble but I cannot win against her. I feel I get really unlucky with the letters I draw and my available spaces to play. Or, perhaps my strategy is horrible...
Did you learn anything today?
Yes! I learned a lot about my 401K.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
I would like to spend more time on projects. I am considering starting a new design project. That could be good to start tomorrow.

Any other thoughts?
Not having my own place to work on projects is really starting to bother me.