June 26, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
Hmm...
What did you do today that you valued?
Today I met a friend at the Clarkston Union for dinner.  I spend a lot of time/$ at that joint.  Today I had an unbelievable dinner from their special menu.  Yum.  I also tried a handful of different beers.  It is easy to stick to the standard beers that I know and trust but I like to branch out and see what else is out there; and the Union has a large selection...
Did you learn anything today?
Today I learned about radar charts. While at work I stumbled upon a document that was full of radar charts and was immediately intrigued and was visualizing an application for this project. The charts appeared to have multiple levels of complex data, yet displayed in an extremely simplistic way. After studying the information I recognized the data was actually quite simplistic and the chart was nothing more than a bar graph rotated around an axis. Unfortunately, at this point I do not necessarily see an application for this project but I will not rule it out at this point.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
Outside of work I really didn't do anything productive.  I guess I am okay with that...  I put a lot of pressure on myself to accomplish something everyday.  I need to accept that it is not necessary to be productive everyday.  It was an amazing summer day today and I spent the whole evening on a patio drinking beer - it was a good evening despite the fact I did nothing productive. Cheers.

Any other thoughts?
I didn't exactly answer the last question so I will answer it now.  I think tomorrow I would like to spend more time being productive outside of work.  I have projects I want to work on so I cannot spend every evening at restaurants drinking beer with friends.  I do not have any plans tomorrow after work so I think I should be able to spend time on my projects.