June 29, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
I did all my laundry.  Paid bills.  Otherwise, I did nothing else productive...
What did you do today that you valued?
I didn't particularly value anything besides the fact that I did nothing.  I typically feel bad about myself when I do not do anything productive but today I was completely okay with it.  
Did you learn anything today?
I am beginning to learn I can be okay with doing nothing productive occasionally.  Also, I spent a little time testing a theory I had last week at work.  I have a problem at work where I often need to compare updated Excel documents with previous document versions.  There are thousands of cells that need to be compared and unfortunately Excel does not have a tool to automate the comparison (at least not the documents I have).  I came across a tool in OpenOffice that I thought might work so I tested it today. It appears my theory might be correct. I am excited to test it on the actual documents tomorrow when I get to work. If it works as planned, it will make my job hundreds of times more accurate.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
I would love to do something more productive.

Any other thoughts?
I really hate watching tv.