June 30, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
Work was extra pro-duc-tive today.  After work I did some shopping for my upcoming vacation this week.  Shopping was super productive and efficient.
What did you do today that you valued?
Although shopping was productive I am not sure I particularly valued that time...  I spent about an hour this evening looking at old photos on Facebook and explaining them to my roommate; I bet she did not value that time of hers...  I actually really enjoyed it.  Looking at  the photos on Facebook made me think of old photos stored in physical photo albums.  It is interesting how time and technology has changed and people will rarely look through physical photo albums anymore.  There is something really special about old albums that I think will be lost. I think about the smell and sound and faded pages and I think I might miss it. 
Did you learn anything today?
Yes.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember what it was... I recall thinking about it and planning to write it for this question but I cannot remember what it was.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
If I could repeat today that would be pretty good.

Any other thoughts?
I have an issue with Jimmy Johns cutting my sandwich (on wheat) in half.  When I order a wheat sandwich they cut it in half; it is apparently part of the wheat sandwich process. It is as if the employees are trained to cut them on their first day on the job. Personally, I find the sandwich difficult to eat when it is cut in half because the halves are too small to contain the guts. When I order the sandwich I request they do not cut the sandwich.  I once wrote a letter to Jimmy Johns suggesting they leave the wheat sandwiches uncut by default and only cut them when it is requested.  I never got a response... Anyway, today at lunch I made my 'uncut' request. When I got back to the office and unwrapped my sandwich I was completely disappointed to see they cut it. Maybe I am an asshole and shouldn't expect the employees to do something slightly differently... It seems like a simple request.