July 10, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
After work I went to the coffee shop again today. The idea was I was going to search for companies in Colorado that might be hiring Industrial Designers. After searching for a while I came to the conclusion there is zero opportunity for a designer in The Centennial State. I think I already knew this from my research a while ago but I thought maybe I had missed something. Regardless, the act of searching was theoretically productive but the results would prove otherwise...
What did you do today that you valued?
After realizing my dreams of finding a career in Colorado were naught I pulled out the sketchbook to try and recover my wasted time. The sketches were not flowing very easily today so that proved to be 'theoretically' unproductive also. However, I still enjoyed sketching and recognize even a bad sketch is a productive sketch.
Did you learn anything today?
Let me get back to you about that.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
I would like to avoid watching this horrible television show I watched this evening. I had heard about a new program about car designers so obviously I was intrigued and sat down to watch the show. It turns out the program is a reality competition show and was awful... I feel it could have been much better as more of a documentary style show. Most of the concept of the show was lost in the faux drama and 'reality' they were trying stir up. I hope I do not watch it again tomorrow... -but I might to see if it gets better.

Any other thoughts?
I bought a plane ticket to Denver today. I kinda wish I bought the ticket to go somewhere I have not been but I really love CO.