July 11, 2014

What did you do today that was productive?
After work I went to the coffee shop for the third straight day. I wrote one cover letter and spent a while drawing in the sketchbook. I decided earlier that I spend too much time fussing with details on sketches. I decided to tone it down and get back to sketching really quick gestures. Sketching a lot will make me a better artist - not sketching small details. So I made an effort to do really quick sketches with very few lines and try to do a lot of them.  It worked.
What did you do today that you valued?
I valued the time spent sketching. - It felt productive and was less of a struggle when I simplified the technique. After I arrived home I played a game of Scrabble with my roommate. - I dominated.
Did you learn anything today?
Yeah totally! I learned to make my design sketches really quick and simple with few lines.

Is there anything you would like to do differently tomorrow?
I would really like to avoid going to work tomorrow... Tomorrow is Saturday so that should actually be pretty easy to do... Otherwise, I have some plans to do some work on both my Mustang and my motorcycle.

Any other thoughts?
No, sir.